Friday, February 29, 2008

Outline for paper

I would like to do my final paper on the impact that Scientific Naturalism has had on the culture of my local community, world and Church. In addition, I would discuss the implications that Scientific Naturalism holds for how the Church communicates the gospel in intellectually honest and relevant ways. I would start by defining Scientific Naturalism and tracing the progress and development of it from the enlightenment forward till now. In the process of doing this I will make mention of breakthroughs in physics, biology and cosmology and their impact on Church and culture. I would integrate Bevans' translational and anthropological model to find ways to express the Gospel in the atheistic culture of Naturalism. Furthermore, I would demonstrate what approaches and activities the Church could initiate in reaching people effected by or within this aspect of culure. To accomplish all this I would untilize various scholarly sources and my own experiences and observations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaron - this looks good. Be sure to use some of Barker in the first part -- also if you have time check out that McClendon book I mentioned before.

James Wm McClendon, Witness (TN, Abingdon: 2000)